Project Officer for EU funded Project
Assistant to Project Key Expert 2
EU Programme “Support to Employment Creation in Mongolia (SECiM) Component 1: “Support to Employment Policy for Promoting Job Creation in Mongolia” (EuropeAid/137157/DH/SER/MN) (hereinafter - PROJECT) is an EU funded project that is implemented by the Human Dynamics and the main beneficiary is Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Mongolia.
The duration of the service contract will be until May 2020. The Project Officer will be employed full time.
Project Officer 2 (hereinafter – PO 2) will support the PROJECT Key Expert 2 (hereinafter - KE2) and the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) in implementing the PROJECT. PO 2 will work under the direct supervision of the KE 2 and pass all documents harmonized with the KE 2 for approval of the Team Leader (TL).
Functions and duties
Project Officer 2 (PO 2) will report to the TL and KE2 and work under their supervision and will support the implementation of project activities and carry out the administrative duties of the PROJECT.
The PO 2’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following tasks:
Assistance in daily operational functions of the PROJECT related to coordination of the implementation of PROJECT activities
- Component 1 (Strengthening the overall policy framework for job creation and enhancing the quality of the job).
- Component 4 (Improving the quality of the workforce in line with effective demand in the labour market).
- Component 5 (Coordination with SECiM component 2 and other projects, other Ministries, donors, civil society organizations, and promoting Public and Private Partnerships).
- Component 6 (Project management and implementation of activities) together with Project Officer 1 of KE1, including interpretation and translation for KE2 daily work;
- Higher Education preferably in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Understanding of the operation of government institutions, knowledge of regulatory laws and regulations of labour and/or employment and TVET fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mongolian is mandatory.
- IT competencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
- At least two years of work in state institutions or in cooperation with state institution related to the labour and/or employment and TVET policy issues;
- Experience of work in international donor projects (institutions) will be an advantage;
- Experience working in an office environment is important and experience of working multi-cultural environment will be an advantage;
- Experience of operating common office equipment.
Candidates should send a copy of their CV (Euro pass template) with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “PROJECT OFFICER 2" by the 18th of October 2019.
Terms of Reference can be found from the below link